/About the Programme
By attending this programme, you will gain recourses and knowledge to craft your own exponential technology ventures. You will leave the programme equipped with the foundations to actively steer your strategy instead of just follow others.
This programme examines current and emerging exponential technologies in detail and brings them into context with markets, industries, society, and consumer experiences. Thereby, we will expose core elements, principles, and basic frameworks to equip you with tools, strategies, and knowledge to moonshot the future.
Find the agenda below or request the prospectus for more information.
/Key Take Aways
A detailed understanding of exponential technologies markets, and the strategies needed to master them. You will also gain the mental tools and frameworks required to predict and leverage technological developments anywhere in the world.
The ability to draft moonshot strategies and develop disruptive innovations based on exponential technologies. Appropriate tools and techniques, hypothesise about the effect of a new technology will have on future markets and your company development.
A certificate from futur/io institute to certify successful completion of the programme; a validation of your fresh knowledge and skills. With the certificate, you get an invitation to the exclusive alumni and faculty network community.
→ Get your ticket here.
/Location & Dates
Berlin / April, 10 – 12, 2019
The exact location will be updated soon along with recommended hotels.
“We can only create desirable futures, if we are open to learn from each other and we can only create desirable futures, if we are open to lead the necessary change. Futur/io is the best possible platform to combine learning and jointly taking the lead to change the world.”
Chief Innovation Officer EMEA & Head of The Garage, Deloitte
Why Exponential Technologies?
Exponential technologies affect every industry much more comprehensive than any other technological shift in human history before. The term ‘exponential’ describes a global phenomenon which shifts the trajectory of social development from linear to exponential. That means, once an exponential technology reaches the point of no return the change is inevitable and therefore disruptively immersive for corporations and society.
Our programme helps you to become fully educated using exponential technologies to create moonshots for your company.
Module 1 – Opening Lecturer /Intro on Exponential Technologies
The opening lecture interweaves exponential technologies, desirable futures, and moonshots, and will provide attendees with an understanding of the fundamental structure of this new kind of thinking. This orientation sets the stage for the next courses.
Networking & Dinner
Module 2 – Seminar: What is a Moonshot Project
A moonshot is visionary and ambitious idea which will grow exponentially and remain relevant over the next 10 to 20 years. Guiding a project through an uncertain future and convincing the right people to collaborate requires strong arguments, deep knowledge, and the right tools.
This module answers the following questions:
- What is the definition of a Moonshot Project, and what are some examples?
- 3 Horizons: How may I use them strategically?
- How can I deal with uncertainty?
- Which is the anticipated impact on society and business?
- Is there a Moonshot for every type of business?
Module 3 – Learn about AI, Quantum Computer, Nano & BioTech
A vision is always in the context on technologies. Here you learn about the relevant technologies for your own future projects. We give you deep insights about the latest exponential technologies and let you know what you can expect from them.
- What is the state of the art in Artificial Intelligence?
- How can Artificial Intelligence help my company?
- Which tasks will eventually be done by Robots?
- How can we empower your team through human-machine collaboration?
- What is Quantum Computing, and what is its purpose?
- What new opportunities can businesses enjoy through the application of Nanotech & Biotech?
Seminar – Apply Moonshot Thinking and start to create
Working with the Futur/io Moonshot Framework
In this workshop, the attendees will create their own Moonshots. Moonshot Thinking is the capability to think exponentially into the future and define a vision. You will learn to accept uncertainty and give any idea a chance to be a good idea. Any idea or future scenario can come true when the relevant technology arrives; it is better to think of the future now than wait until competitors have done it instead. Moonshot Thinking also means that there are many desirable futures you can help shape.
Module 4 – How to set up a Moonshot Lab in your company?
Moonshot Thinking prepares companies for different futures without knowing which future will be the right one. Here you learn how to deal with resistance and how to set up a Moonshot Lab.
- What is the best strategy and argument?
- How can I measure success? Is there is Moonshot Success KPI?
- What is the minimum annual goal for a Moonshot Lab?
- Is there a difference between Accelerators and Open Space Labs?
Dinner Chat: Ethics & Philosophy for Europe
This optional Dinner Chat discusses the urgent obligations of Europe to reconsider ethical standards and moral trajectories in the context of exponential technologies. Climate change, ethical food pro-duction, data security or mass migration change the way we currently live and will live in the future. We must come up with new standards and plans to save and improve the way we currently live.
- Is progression or regression the right way to go?
- Which ethical challenges and frames will arise?
- How do we deal with the American and Asian way of doing business?
- What is the human factor when we apply exponential technologies?
Module 5 – Corporate view: The impact of exponential technologies on key industries
Exponential technologies are rapidly accelerating and shaping major industries and all aspects of
our lives. Business leaders often disregard or do not notice technologies during their deceptively slow growth phases, and continue to neglect them until they begin to change the way we live and do business. Learn from industry leaders how these new technologies are impacting and will continue to impact automotive, healthcare and aerospace.
- How do industry leaders use exponential technologies and prepare for continuous digital disruption?
- What portion of an R&D budget should be allocated to exponential technologies?
- What is the best way to start investigating the right exponential technology?
Module 6 – Startup view: The impact of exponential technologies at startups
Startups are at the forefront of new trends and business models. During this module we invite startups to showcase the businesses they have built on exponential technologies.
- How do they keep flexible during product innovation?
- How do startups evaluate and investigate business cases?
- What can startups learn from corporates and vice versa?
- How much funding is necessary to employ exponential technologies?
Module 7 – Corporate Culture and how to implement moonshot thinking
Preparing the path for a big change in corporate strategic thinking is always a question of culture. Learn how successful change management can help make a corporate culture ready to accept Moonshot Thinking and exponential technologies. Change is not a threat to employees, it is a massive gain of freedom to live in a desirable future.
- How to create a culture which responds to change?
- What could the future of corporate culture look like?
- Which new societal behaviors could emerge or be cultivated?
- How to deal with Generation Z and other generations?
Break and Open Space
After flooding your brain with much information, fresh knowledge, and strategies, we give you a space to ask, do, and create whatever you want in conjunction with our faculty and the other attendees.
- Discuss questions, ideas, and doubts
- Ask for consultation on your specific challenge
- You have a first strategy in mind you would like to get feedback on? Great, this is your time!
Issuing of the Certificates
Request the Prospectus or Attend the Programme
Attendee Contact & Partner Management
christiane ( at) futur.io
+49 160 966 529 78
Programme Office & Faculty Contact
Felix ( at) futur.io
+49 151 4041 2719